Re: Modifying the menu for Kids.

On Sat 26 April 2003 07:18, Antonio G. - Geotronix wrote:
> Do you know why I the update-menus binary seems to ignore modifications
> I make in the ~/.menu/ directory of the users?

Which window manager/desktop are you using?  For example, I use KDE.  If I
create an empty ~/.menu/<package> file, that menu listing will be removed
from the Debian section of KDE's menu.  However, KDE also seems to use it's
own menu system which ignores ~/.menu/, even though it appears to have
generated it's menu list from the /usr/lib/menu/ entries.  These KDE specific
menu entries (which on my system are pretty much a double up of the Debian
menu entries) can be removed/edited locally by each user using KDE's Menu
Editor.  I imagine that some other window managers have similar behaviour
(GNOME maybe?).

Perhaps this is why empty ~/.menu/<package> files aren't working for you?

Matt