Re: Debian's menu

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 01:37, Sam Hart wrote:
> I realize this is OT, but because I'm so curious, is there a document or
> website somewhere that explains how Debian handles it's X WM menus? (How,
> regardless of WM, you always have *roughly* the same menus?)

That's the menu package.  It's neat!

Packages create entries in the menu hierarchy, /usr/lib/menu ... use
'dpkg --listfiles' on each package to see that.  The update-menus
command then gets run, which updates the menu files used by window
managers and the like.

It's mentioned in the packaging guides as well, I think.

--
James Cameron                                     (james.cameron@hp.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/