Re: Debian Jr. readying for release

[Tille, Andreas]
> I'd strongly suggest that to avoid doubling of work.  Perhaps you
> just do some translation work for documentation, debconf templates
> and not to forget the Debian Description Translations (FAQ available at
>
>       http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/ddts/ddts-faq.txt   )
>
> Thus you will get a better Debian and a better Debian-Junior and would
> safe your time to build your own system in parallel.

Yes, eventually we will need to translate the descriptions.  A problem
with the current DDTS is the fact that our organization is adjusted to
translate gettext .po files.  Do you know if it is possible to get
.pot-files from the server, and submit .po files into the server?

We are already working on translating user programs and help texts to
Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk and Northern Saami.  When this is
done, we can have a look at the descriptions.

Our distribution is supposed to install everything without questions,
so there is no immediate need to translate the descriptions.  The
users are not supposed to see these descriptions during install. :-)