gpaint adoption (resurrection) anyone?

Gpaint was unceremonially dumped from Debian as the last maintainer
indicated that it didn't work very well and upstream was apparently
dead.  Is anyone interested in taking on this package?  We have gimp
and xpaint, but xpaint's GUI shows its age.  I really think gpaint
is a step in the right direction and only needs some encouragement
(like emailing the upstream maintainer to indicate that this would
be neat for Debian Jr. if developed further).

Please see http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gpaint

Also, I have the diffs for the old abandoned package if anyone wants
them.

Ben