Re: libsdl1.2 packages (fwd)

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:01:30AM +0100, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Timothy Musson wrote:
> > Some of you might be interested in these two [...] games:
> > http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~trmusson/gnect.html

> Even if I do not really know why we need a YAFIARC
> (Yet Another Four In A Row Clone :) ),

I know what you mean - there are a lot of these :) AFAIK, this is
the only four in a row clone currently available for Linux whose
strongest level can't be beaten - that makes it at least a bit
different. (If I'm wrong about that, I hope someone'll let me know -
I'm trying to maintain a list of relevant links for people who want
a four in a row game without installing Gnome.)

> why did you not make it an official package?

There's been some talk of Gnect ending up in the gnome-games
package. For a while it looked probable, but I haven't had news from
the Gnome guys for a couple of months now. If it did end up in
gnome-games, there'd be no point in an official Debian Gnect
package. (On the other hand, if someone's interested in officially
Debianizing it, please let me know and I'll keep you informed on
whether or not it does get Gnomed.)

Another reason is that I'm not a Debian maintainer. I'm interested
in the process, which is why I read these lists, but I figure I'll
have to get my hands on a 2nd computer on which to run Unstable
before thinking seriously about applying to maintain official
packages.

> > http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~trmusson/slider.html
> Later part of the last question applies here as well.

The latter part of the last answer applies; I'm not an official
Debian maintainer. If someone likes it enough, go for it :)

> Screen shots are funny, any reason to make them not official
> available?  The missing license statement on the pages you
> mentioned?

The Gnect page is getting bit too cluttered I guess - licenses are
hidden in the mess - both programs are under the GPL.

Thanks for the reply,

Tim
--
trmusson@ihug.co.nz