Re: Shift in emphasis to age 8 and under

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> In the discussions we've had on irc (irc.openprojects.net, channel
> #debian-jr) we have repeatedly had to re-ask the question:
>
> 		What is the age range for Debian Jr.?
> (snip)
> I imagine that the foundations laid by this initial work can then be built
> upon to make something a little more advanced, perhaps aimed at ages 9
> through 12.  And after that, I'm not sure what to do for teens ... it
> seems that by this age, making a "version of Debian" for them would not be
> the primary work.  Not being a teen or parent of a teen, I'm having a
> harder time visualizing what "Debian for teens" would actually be.

Being not long out of my teens, myself, I can say that the things teens
want are the same as non-technical adults - office-type software (for
school projects etc), e-mail and games/emulators.
Plus, most teens I know would avoid things aimed at "teens".

--
"The Information Superhighway made it possible for the average person
to find out what some nerd thinks about Star Trek"

http://lit.compsoc.com/
http://www.litsu.ie/

GPG Fingerprint: B6C4 9E2B C62F 1B05 FC0D  F543 6800 67C7 FF5D 8291