Re: Science Education Stuff

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 02:21:50PM +0530, Nagarjuna G. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any one of you know good open source applications that can be used on
> a regular basis for science and mathematics education?  We want to put
> together selected applications, and load them on a set of machines (we
> now have five of them), and invite kids to our computer lab to explore
> them.  Even suggestions to links will be appreciated.

SAL, Scientific Apps for Linux, http://sal.kachinatech.com/index.html
has an extensive list and clearly marks open source or no.

I have had good experience with Maxima, a GPL version of Macsyma, a Computer
Algebra System with symbolic computations

> Thanks
>
> Nagarjuna

> Nagarjuna G; Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR, Mumbai. INDIA

Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

For children with short attention spans: boomerangs that don't come back.