Re: [Debian Conference] Program : outlines

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 08:22:56AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 29 May 2000, Thierry Laronde wrote:
>
> [Sorry for the late reply - I made holidays in the South of France :)]

:) No problem !

Please note that I work far for my PCs these days, so my answers will not be
immediate.

> > Friday the 7th (Debian and Debian related projects):
> > 	- PingOO (educational distribution under GPL built on Debian)
> Is this an existing thing? Any links?

Yes : http://www.pingoo.org. Note that there is several aspects with
this distribution :

- distribution "light" : choices are made
- the "educational" part is mainly made in order to allow installations
  in schools (at the moment, the efforts are made in order to ease the
  use of a communication server (mail, http, etc...) by non-technicians
  (teachers);
- the development is open;
- and there is still improvements to be done (the "educational" part for

> I'm very interested!
> May be we could make some contacts to the educational group of the
> LSM.

This is the kind of things that we can discuss in Bordeaux (PingOO will
be presented too in the educational theme during the LSM).

Kind regards,
--
Thierry LARONDE <thierry.laronde@polynum.com>
10, rue du Bel Air, 74000 ANNECY / Tel.-Fax : 33.(0)4.50.67.46.61