Re: leocad source debs

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 04:06:06PM +0000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Michael Smith wrote:
> > I just got back a reply from Leo, the Leo in LeoCAD.  He's still working
> > on the Linux version, but it's all in the CVS web.  Sounds like they
> > need a packager to get out the versions.
>
> It depends.  If it's in a usable state, then yes.  If development is still
> early and rough, then CVS source-only might be more appropriate, and
> packaging can wait until it's ready for end users.

I think he used to offer a source tarball on his website, but no longer does
so.  The makefile contains a target for making this tarball.

> > At any rate, the cvs instructions are on his web site www.leocad.gerf.org.
>
> If you're going to try it, and find that it is usable, I might check it
> out myself.  Let us know how it goes.

It seems pretty usable to me.  The animation is a bit awkward; I don't think
it's working correctly, but I made an animated runner for my high school
cross country team (ack, a gif) <http://www.crosswinds.net/~sideways/cross/>
with it (It contains many mistakes, but when in motion it's believeable).

--
Pat Mahoney	<pat7@gmx.net>