Re: Overview, roadmap, priorities

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> 1. dict
Well, but why didn't she tried wordnet (the tcl/tk browser wnb should
be much more attractive than dict - in my opinion of course).  The
orphaned wordnet three years ago was the fact that I became a Debian
developer!

> There are special "video game" turns throughout the week which are limited
> in length.  We are increasingly uncomfortable with the legal issues
> surrounding the non-free games our kids like, and would like to see those
> be replaced with free ("guilt-free" :) alternatives.
Just a crazy idea came up in a private discussion:  What about writing a
Harry-Potter-Adventure game.  Ma be it would double the number of Linux
installations really soon ;-).  May be we could attract some clever game
programmers and start a new free project.

> Programming")  Would it be helpful to provide the adminstrator with an
> easy way of managing different menu subsets for different user groups?
> I've tried a bit of tweaking of the menu system myself, and I just wasn't
> satisfied with the amount of hand-massaging was required.
Yes.  The lot of menu entries has to be cut down to a handy set for
some groups of people and a tool to do this in a clever way would be
very welcome.

Kind regards

          Andreas.