Re: A setup for a Linux machine for children (Was: Stephane se preoccupe des utilisateurs

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 04:17:10PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 March 2000, at 16 h 11, the keyboard of Stephane Bortzmeyer
> <stephane@sources.org> wrote:
>
> > Well, I promised a documentation of the setup I use at home for my (very
> > young) children. Since I had to stay at home today, caretaking of the
> > youngest, I wrote:

This is a great page.  I wanted to write something like this for quite a
while,  and this was the prompt I needed.  So here is my setup:
http://www.sf.edu/jhlavacek/computers/kids.html

It is much simpler,  I don't care about security that much,  I figured
out that if somebody is going to mess up the system on that machine,  it
will be me rather than the kids.  Before they manage to get root access,
I'll mess things up 1000 times.

Please send me any comments you have, or better yet, send them to the
list, if they are of general interest.

Thanks
--
Jan Hlavacek                                            (219) 434-7566
Department of Chemistry                               Jhlavacek@sf.edu