With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
* Optimise and debug our kernel and RNBD storage backend solutions for our virtual data centre environment to achieve the best stability.
* Plan seamless kernel upgrades for the existing stack and help make them happen.
* Get involved in development from conceptual design to implementation and to the deployment strategy in close cooperation with other teams.
* Together with our QA Automation Engineers, draft and execute test plans for features, performance, load, stress, endurance and security, including fault injection.
* Give back to the community: bring in-house contributions upstream and help ﬁx upstream bugs.
* Grow your peers in terms of development and testing expertise.
* Proven track record of upstream Linux kernel (KVM, storage or network) contributions.
* Being fluent in Bash, Python or Rust.
* Experience with the x86_64 CPU architecture, including analyzing and documenting software bugs. ARM is an advantage.
* Good knowledge of the kernel memory and processing stacks is an advantage, the same for InﬁniBand technology.
* Being innovative, present new ideas about features, performance and stability.
* Communication and presentation skills.
* Fluent in English.