[JOB] Senior Software Engineer - Los Angeles, CA (Java)
- Position: Senior Ad Server Engineer
- Type: This is a full time salaried position
- Location: The engineer will work on-site in El Segundo, CA
- Visa: USA, Green Card or H1-B Ok
- Relocation: Provided
- Compensation: 150k to 250k + stock + bonus
Our Los Angeles client is the premier native advertising platform and market leader powering the next major digital advertising category: programmatic native advertising. Their software powers native advertising for some of the largest media companies in the world and over 100 of the world’s leading brands use the platform as a content syndication platform. They are one of the hottest startups in Los Angeles and one of the fastest growing technology companies.
The primary focus for the Senior Software Engineer will be working on the ad server and exchange (RTB) systems. This position presents many technical challenges to solve in the areas of high scalability and high availability architecture, distributed web server systems, extremely low latency web servers, etc. The engineering team is using agile methodologies and continuous integration tools as part of its development process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Focus on design and improvements of Ad server & RTB Exchange built for high availability and high performance
* Design reviews & code reviews within the team
* Work on a native advertising platform that integrates multiple 3rd party ad servers and data providers
* Work with big data engineering team to integrate data onto our big data infrastructure
WHO WE NEED
* Strong, disciplined skills in Java (at least 8 years of experience)
* Experience with high throughput, low latency web server based products
* Experience with distributed (cross data centers) web applications (large scale distributed data stores, data replications etc.)
* Experience in advertising technologies is a must
* Experience with Real Tim Bidding (RTB) / SSP is a plus
* Development experience on Linux platforms
* Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
* You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about programming and technology
* Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to utilize team strengths to execute with minimal supervision
* BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
WHAT WE OFFER
Our client is a venture-backed company, financed by top-tier venture firms, led by an experienced management team and visionary entrepreneur with a proven track record of success. Their patent-pending technology is a unique advertising platform at the forefront of the shift of online advertising from interruption to engagement. They embrace innovation, collaboration, and creativity. They are a fast paced, all hands on deck growing company where everyone’s contributions make a huge impact on the success of the company. They are looking for serious candidates who want to contribute, learn and have a strong desire to grow.
We believe your time is valuable and you have to choose a company and a team that will maximize your return on the time you invest. This means professional growth, personal growth, stock options that become meaningful, and being a part of a company that is universally recognized as having done something amazing. If market innovation, product excellence, and thought leadership excite you, and you are up for the challenge, then they would love to meet you.
To be considered, please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org - Full client and job details furnished to qualified applicants. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be submitted anywhere without your consent.