Video Game Developer (Linux/C/C++/OpenGL) - permanent position in Wandsworth, London
Feral Interactive is a leading games publisher and developer that specializes in bringing the best “Triple-A” games to the Mac platform.
We are currently expanding our portfolio to include Linux and we are looking for experienced developers to assist with this process.
You will have experience developing on Linux, and any experience with games development or 3D graphics is an advantage.
This might suit a professional developer from another platform with a hobbyist background on Linux, and could be an exciting opportunity to combine your coding passion with your day job.
What experience should you have?
- Significant professional development experience
- Development experience on Linux (professional or hobbyist)
- Strong C/C++ skills
- A good grasp of thread-safe programming
What else would help?
- A great degree in a technical discipline
- Games development experience
- Experience of 3D graphics using OpenGL and/or DirectX
- A passion for video games
What makes a great fit with Feral?
- A desire to do your best work all of the time
- Curiosity and a love of problem-solving
- The ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you?
Feral is a small company, but we’re growing year-on-year and have a leading position as a Mac games publisher. You will be given significant responsibility from the start and that will increase as our team grows. You’ll work 40 hours a week, and unlike many game companies, we very rarely ask our employees to work overtime during ‘crunch’ periods.
The salary is competitive and dependent on your skills and previous experience, but if money is your principal criterion, this is probably not the job for you.
We think Feral is a great place to work: serious, but seriously fun. We’re a team of about thirty-five, so you’ll quickly get to know all your colleagues and will work directly with almost every one of them. That means you’ll be involved in key parts of major projects from the off, and you’ll soon see the fruits of your labours enjoyed by our customers worldwide.
How do I apply?
devjobs (at) feralinteractive.com
You should address your application to Ian Bullock, our Head of Technology.
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of “Triple-A” Mac games based in south-west London. Recent hit titles include Empire: Total War, Batman: Arkham City, F1 2012 and Borderlands.