Ordinary sysadmins need not apply. We're looking for only extraordinary admins to fill a very different role. Sure you'll be able to get your elbows dirty optimizing some MySQL and balancing some loads, but we've got more hardware than Radio Shack and cooler gadgets than MI5. We've made secret inhouse proprietary devices, copious amounts of iPhones, Androids, tablets and a whole host of custom built servers; which all need love, care and attention. You'll be joining a fast-paced and fast-growing team, who love technology from the top down. If you crave a fun, new and near-impossible challenge, then it sounds like you're just about nuts enough to join.
- Manage, organize and procure our numerous devices (home grown, iPhones, HTC's, tablets)
- Look after and put in place procedures for managing office equipment and software
- Maintain site performance and availability (MySQL, Nginx, Apache)
- Develop systems to scale our growing internal data loads (hard/software)
- Implement architecture and software to support business and operational needs
- 3-4 years of experience with Linux/UNIX/BSD (minimum)
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, storage, SQL databases, and memcache
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and systems management
- Track record of practical problem solving and organizational aptitude
- Experience working in Operational Environments (Hospitals, Couriers, Hotels..)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience juggling 6 flaming teacups while standing on a ball
##About the company:
onefinestay (http://www.onefinestay.com) is London’s first unhotel. Guests can stay in a high-end London home for a few days while the owner is out of town. onefinestay offers a new category of accommodation that is spacious, characterful and better value than a hotel. And it offers a unique experience - the opportunity to 'live like a local'. With offices based in Clerkenwell (near Old Street) and homes all over London, we're bang in the center of the tech world but thankfully not caught up in the tech bubble.