Experienced Debian/Linux sysadmin @ Hamburg/Germany
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'm (still) looking for capable Debian system administrators for two job
openings in Hamburg/Germany. You should have a strong web hosting
background and be familiar with load balancers, caches and LAMP hosting
in general. You would reinforce my team of 5 friendly and funny geeks
keeping our IT alive.
Our company develops and operates web-based e-learning solutions. Our
main project is a web site with 700 million visits per year. The office
is located in the center of Hamburg easily reachable by public
transport. We are paying well and offer additional goodies and all the
gadgets you will need for the job. You can find the official job offer
on our home page at http://www.icans-gmbh.com
What you would be doing:
- - Administer and optimize the Debian GNU/Linux server farm
of Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL and other servers
- - Administer the network infrastructure
- - Identify and solve server, network and application problems
- - Advise our development team in hosting their projects and support
deployments of new application versions
- - Keep the documentation and monitoring system in a good state
Your mandatory geek profile:
- - You have at least two years of experience in administering Debian
Bonus: you know how to build Debian packages.
- - You have a strong focus on web applications and could talk to a
webserver using TELNET if needed.
Bonus: experience with HTTP load balancers, caches and proxies
- - You feel at home at the shell and are not afraid of shell scripts.
Bonus: you know Perl, Python or a similar scripting language
- - You have experience with real-life MySQL servers.
Bonus: you have dealt with replication already.
- - You are confident about your IP networking skills and acronyms like
DNS, VPN, VLAN or SMTP don't scare you.
- - You are fluent in english and german.
Your social skills:
- - You can organize yourself well and have a good sense of
- - Your have a systematic, careful and quality-oriented working style.
- - You are customer-focused and service-oriented when it comes
to dealing with users, developers or other team members.
If you are interested then please contact our HR team at
email@example.com and send us your application. No freelancers
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----