Sysadmin job opening in downtown Seattle (SAGE level II or III)
My company's looking for a sysadmin to join us at our downtown Seattle
headquarters. Although our clusters run CentOS, the count of Debian
servers is slooooowly growing. :) Although the web application form
requests you submit your application in MS Word format (zounds!), feel
free to submit your application as PDF, text, or HTML.
3TIER, a leading provider of renewable energy information services, invites
applications for a full-time Systems Administrator at our downtown Seattle
headquarters. Our services include real-time forecast and assessment products
for the solar, wind, and hydro renewable energy industries. 3TIER provides a
dynamic and challenging work environment, with innovative and engaging user
interfaces, large data sets, and a talented and impassioned team of developers
Successful candidates will be able to work on a team with limited supervision,
learn new systems and technologies quickly, and have an interest in renewable
energy science. To learn more about us, please visit http://www.3tier.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implement and maintain 3TIER's IT infrastructure, including all computer
hardware, data connections and infrastructure software (eg: linux, http, ftp,
SQL, ssh, dns, tape backup) that forms the functional basis of 3TIER's
forecasting and assessment systems.
* Manage and assist with implementation of electrical and mechanical systems
such as battery backup, air conditioning and electricity demand.
* Ensure maximum availability of 3TIER's computing infrastructure.
* Provide technical support and documentation to 3TIER's users for both
hardware and software.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
* Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
* 2+ years system administration experience
* USENIX SAGE Level 2 or 3
* Experience working in a UNIX/Linux command-line environment
* Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed
* Ability to be on 24x7 pager rotation
* Scripting experience such as bash or csh
* MySQL and/or PostgreSQL Database administration (preferred)
* Python (preferred)
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule:
This is a full-time position in Seattle, WA with competitive compensation and
3TIER is a renewable energy forecasting and assessment company that uses its
knowledge about weather, climate and their impacts on wind, hydro and solar
energy to help its clients make better decisions about their renewable energy
investments. We use sophisticated computer modeling systems, in-house
expertise and reliable delivery mechanisms to forecast both the short-term
intermittency and the long-term availability of renewable energy as well as
provide project-scale, scientifically based assessment and forecast products
and services to our clients. Founded in 1999 and incorporated in 2001, 3TIER
is a privately-held, disabled-veteran-owned, equal opportunity employer and is
committed to and promotes workplace diversity. To learn more about us, please
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted online only.