Re: OpenJDK package - jtreg: asmtools

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply!!! I am more than happy to try to package it, just wondering if I should  put
"Owner: Debian Java team <debian-java@lists.debian.org>" and "The package will be team-maintained in the Debian Java team" or something else in the ITP bug?

Best Regards,
Vladimir.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 10:06 AM tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
Hello Vladimir,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 08:22:45AM +1300, Vladimir Petko wrote:
> Dear Maintainers,
>
> A number of jtreg tests fail during OpenJDK testing with the following
> error:
>
> `` compiler/c1/KlassAccessCheckTest.java
>                                      Error. can't find jasm``
>
> I was wondering if asmtools (https://github.com/openjdk/asmtools) is
> available as a package or if it needs to be packaged?

Both `apt-file search -F jasm` and `apt-cache search asmtools` come up
empty, so it needs to be packaged.

I haven't tried it yet, but after a quick first glance at the source
tree, it appears that the packaging should be straight-forward.  For
example, I didn't notice any build dependencies that we would have to
package first.

Filing either an RFP [1] or ITP [2] bug would be a good next step.

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/RFP
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/ITP