Re: Gradle problems when building adql-java package

Hi Andrius,

Andrius Merkys <merkys@debian.org> writes:
> On 2023-12-08 13:03, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> I am trying to update the adql-java package to the newest upstream
>> (beta) version. As it is my first project using gradle, I sumbled upon a
>> number of problems: [...]
>
> I guess you could patch 'junit:junit:4.13.1' with 'junit:junit:4.x' to
> avoid this overly strict dependency version checking.

Thank you! This worked.

Now I have the next problem: the original ADQLLib/build.gradle contains the lines

    // Name of the JAR name (which will be then suffixed by the version number):
    archivesBaseName = "adql"
    distributions {
        main {
            distributionBaseName = archivesBaseName
        }
    }

When I removed the "distributions" block, the Jar file has the wrong
name (ADQLLib.jar). But when I include it, I get the error

    * What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating project ':ADQLLib'.
    > Could not set unknown property 'distributionBaseName' for object of type org.gradle.api.distribution.internal.DefaultDistribution.

However, when looking in the Gradle docs, I find this as a valid
configuration. Do you have any idea here?

Cheers

Ole