Re: jtreg for openjdk-8 in ELTS

Hi!

On 02/11/2023 21:24, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
Hi ELTS people (mostly pochu, I guess),

for openjdk-8 tests, Vladimir tells me we “really” want jtreg5.

If it is possible to add a jtreg5 package to jessie and stretch
even if it exists nowhere else, perhaps with vendored dependencies
where applicable like it is done for jtreg7 in stable now, we can
use that.

I had started to look at backporting jtreg6, without vendored dependencies. That was a bit painful due to the need of upgrading other packages, which had rdeps. Using vendored deps in this case sounds like a good solution. Not sure whether it will be easier for jtreg5.

Vladimir would be able to tell you which dependencies would need
to be included, and at which versions, or maybe even help with
the package.

Any help would be appreciated!

libasmtools-java is also needed for fuller coverage but can probably
be easily backported.

Yeah, since it's is a new package there shouldn't be many issues with introducing that, as it's got no rdeps.

Cheers,
Emilio