Re: OpenJDK 8

Hi Phil,

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 08:32:23AM +0000, Thomas Vatter wrote:
> > a complete OpenJDK 8 is missing in the repo. There is only a server VM.

> OpenJDK 8 LTS has not been included in Debian since stretch which as of

it’s in sid, though… mostly to help boostrap Kotlin and things,
and to prepare jessie and stretch updates.

I think what he meant is that the client VM is not included, which
is true, except on armhf, which only has the client VM but not the
server VM (not ported).

As far as I can tell, this has always been the case since 2008,
with the exception of arm64 having both for a while. Tiago or Doko
might know more.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!