Re: wrong information in the manifest files of eclipse-platform-runtime

Hi Sudip,

Le 19/09/2022 à 17:47, Sudip Mukherjee a écrit :

While investigating #1010983, I noticed that the manifest files of
eclipse-platform-runtime mentions that it needs javax.annotation
version="1.3.5", but in Debian we have version 1.3 as supplied by
libgeronimo-annotation-1.3-spec-java.

Is this causing an issue somewhere?

Unless anyone has any objection I will like to do a team upload with
the attached patch fixing the manifest files. Its only a change in the
manifest file to add a range of 1.3 to 1.3.5 for javax.annotation and
remove javax.annotation from "Require-Bundle".

What about changing the version in libgeronimo-annotation-1.3-spec-java instead? The Eclipse source packages publish 120+ binary packages, if we start tweaking manually their OSGi metadata to fit what we have in Debian this will turn into a maintenance nightmare.

Emmanuel Bourg