Re: Help with Bundletool update

Thanks a lot Hc.

I'm trying these right away!

Regards,

Sonnie

On 7/21/22 17:38, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

I think updating android-platform-tools-base could be a big project. And aapt2 Java code isn't packaged AFAIK.  It looks like there are just two self-contained protobuf files needed from aapt2, so I would just include those in the package via a patch.

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/master/tools/aapt2/Resources.proto https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/master/tools/aapt2/Configuration.proto

I think it would be worth spending up to a day trying to just patch in the files needed from aapt2.  If that fails, then we'll have to look into updating android-platform-tools-base.

One thing to look out for is that these aapt2 files should come from the same tag/release as what bundletool wants.  But maybe it doesn't matter so much, since it seems that these files don't change much with each release.  For example, see the blame view:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+blame/master/tools/aapt2/Configuration.proto https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+blame/master/tools/aapt2/Resources.proto

.hc

Nkwuda Sunday Cletus:
Thanks Hc!

I was able to figure out, through help from Markus , they were actually classes generated by the protobuf compiler.

So the error was resolved after I ran protoc command before jh_build.

Please I have another challenge of not being able to figure out where aapt and android-libaapt are installed in Debian. I've searched through /usr/share/java after installing them but can't find any matching jars. The only things that I found that came close are:

android-libaapt: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/android/libaapt.so
android-libaapt: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/android/libaapt.so.0

After adding these to CLASSPATH, I still get "error: package com.android.aapt.Resources does not exist"

Regards,

Sonnie