Re: Status of antlr4 in Debian

Hi Thorsten,

Le 26/10/2022 à 22:57, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
Hi Pierre,

    java.io.InvalidClassException:  org.antlr.v4.runtime.atn.ATN;
    Could not deserialize ATN with version 4 (expected 3)

what exactly does it deserialise there?

There are 6 .java source files generated with ANTLR 4.10 in the upstream tarball, and the exception is raised because of them.

I am grateful you asked, because then I saw the original .g4 files were also shipped by upstream...

Is this maybe something that we should build from source in the
Debian packaging instead?

... and thus I could successfully generate their .java files by calling the Debian-packaged antlr4 as part of the build process.

That would also solve your issue, probaby with less effort and
additionally more DFSG-correctness ☺

Indeed! Thanks again for this suggestion which solved my issue of the day!

bye,
//mirabilos

Best,

--