Re: Easy fix for I2P FTBFS #997213, can anybody help?

On 3/27/22 4:17 PM, Pierre Gruet wrote:
Hi,

Le 26/03/2022 à 22:23, zzz a écrit :
Hi, I'm the upstream dev for I2P

Our package was removed due to FTBFS
due to a change in a dependent package.

It's an easy fix to the i2p control file, the fix is at the bottom of the link above.

Unfortunately our maintainer has been unresponsive for over a year.

Looking for a volunteer to fix and restore the package, or even better
to bring it up-to-date, using the latest package from our repo https://deb.i2p2.de/
which contains the fix and a year's worth of changes.

thanks!

I will do it, the fix is indeed easy. I will do a delayed upload and inform the maintainer, although I understand you have already tried to reach him.

Right now I am not willing to take over maintainership (assuming Masayuki won't do it), so if anyone else is, please step in.

Cheers,

Thank you very much Pierre! We really appreciate it!

For everybody else, yes, we are looking for a new maintainer, as Debian I2P is now 5 releases behind,
and we've made numerous attempts to contact Masayuki.
We do 4 releases a year. We maintain a Debian repo at https://deb.i2p2.de/ ,
and for more information about I2P see https://geti2p.net/

thanks again
zzz