Re: tomcat9 in buster-backports vs. security

Hi,

Am Dienstag, dem 10.08.2021 um 22:00 +0200 schrieb Thorsten Glaser:
[...]
> Markus, Emmanuel, are you going to update the backport to the
> latest version (9.0.43-3 or 9.0.43-3~deb11u1 once migrated)
> fixing the compile time problem (some constants for Java™ 15
> and newer are not defined yet) because the alternative is to
> request removal of the backport now and informing the users.

Currently I don't plan to update the bpo version of Tomcat 9 in Buster. If you
prefer the latest updates then I'd suggest to focus on bullseye-backports from
now on. I am not sure yet if the regression which I have fixed in 9.0.43-3
requires another security update for bullseye or buster at the moment, since an
easy workaround is available and probably not many users are affected. I will
monitor the situation though.

Regards,

Markus