Re: packaging Go runtime for ANTLR4

Hi Peymaneh,

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021, 04:09 Peymaneh Nejad <p.nejad@posteo.de> wrote:

Is it intended or wished for that additional runtimes other than Java are
packaged in seperate source packages, or would it be better to add another
binary package (that'd be golang-github-antlr-antlr4-dev) to the existing source?

In principle, if the same source is used for all of the binaries, I feel that we should maintain a single Debian source package. Unless there's some compelling reason to split them.

I can't think of a good reason to split source but I can definitely think of several good reasons to have a single source package! e.g. inter-binary compatibility, security updates, etc.

-Olek

PS Your GitHub link was broken for me and I don't have time to look up the source to verify my assumption.