Re: Seventh Android Tools Team Monthly Meeting

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 10:01:43AM +0530, Samyak Jain wrote:
> Nevertheless, The last Thursday of this month is about to knock on the
> doorstep. Hence, the time for the android tools team meeting! \0/
> More precisely, the seventh monthly meeting is scheduled for April 29,
> 14:00 UTC (Thursday).

2021-04-29 jnsamyak, emorrp1, sunilmohan, cdesai, pgan, gopal_k, _hc, andrewsh

# kotlin

Repo moved, https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/kotlin/
All blockers resolved to be self-rebuildable (6+ times)
Lintian errors/warnings, d/copyright reviewed, patches reorganized
Ready for upload, once openjdk-8 (waiting in the NEW queue) rentered
https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/kotlin/-/issues/11
**Thanks**: jnsamyak, sunilmohan, emorrp1

**action**: sunil to email asking for a DD to review and be ready to upload
**action**: add yourself to uploaders to track post-upload

# new platform-tools and build-tools source packages

Google uses a different versioning and release cycle for each, so
although e.g. system/core is duplicated, it can be different source for
platform and build. This is not important now but will be for Phase 3.
Similarly, the components listed in manifest.xml have their own
subdirectory layout which we want to keep to as close as possible,
avoiding divergance from upstream build expectations.

Merged all split packaging repos into one per upstream release cycle
Phase 1 complete, common components deliberately duplicated
**Thanks**: pgan, The_LoudSpeaker, Manas kashyap, gopal_k, cdesai, emorrp1

Phase 2: removing dependence on debian packages for components that are
already being built internally, as part of the build process.
Open question: What to do with components that don't belong in either?
https://salsa.debian.org/android-tools-team/admin/-/issues/43
Open question: is it possible to use uscan MUT watch file to bypass
google's `repo`, subdirectories imply a / in the component filename

# other tools

gradle: no change
conscrypt: large enough to be its own package, depends on other android packages
apksigner: quite self-contained, not used by binaries in build-tools and doesn't
           share any deps either