Re: jni launcher library

Hi Emmanuel,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 11:42 PM Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 29.09.2020 18:10, Sudip Mukherjee a écrit :
>
> > The launcher library code is part of "equinox-framework" and lives at
> > 'features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature/library/gtk' but its
> > not built and packaged. I get the splash screen working when I build
> > it and use it as a launcher library. Just wanted to confirm if you
> > left it out intentionally? Is there any problem if I add it as a
> > package name  "libequinox-launcher-jni" ?
>
> No objection to add the jni package, but be careful with the version of
> the binary package, it has to match the version of the associated -java
> package. The version of the eclipse packages is heavily tinkered to use
> the OSGi bundle version instead of the tag version. So you'll need a
> tweak in debian/rules for the jni package. I can get a look before you
> upload if you aren't sure to do it right.

Thanks. I did it in a fairly simple (hacky) way and have pushed to
'sudip/jni' branch for you to have a look first.
It is now building 'libequinox-executable-jni_4.17-2_amd64.deb' and
'libequinox-executable-jni-dbgsym_4.17-2_amd64.deb' for this change.

Can you please have a look at the branch when you get some time..

--
Regards
Sudip