Re: Packaging libsis-jhdf5-java -- help needed

Hello Gilles,

Le 30/04/2020 à 23:17, Gilles Filippini a écrit :

>>> Thanks for checking; I had also seen that these tests did not run, this will
>>> have to be fixed. More important is the fact that I have put and arranged
>>> the piece of code of dh_auto_test override into a test in
>>> debian/tests/providedTests; here they run, and while the first ones pass,
>>> next ones fail and I feel this is because the java code cannot link to the
>>> native code in the jni package.
>>>
>>> Yet, my problem is that I have not been able to investigate more deeply, as
>>> the Java part is build using Gradle but the jni part is built outside of
>>> Gradle, using a single command.
>>> I thus don't know if the link between the Java and native code is correctly
>>> done at that stage.
>>>
>>> While I agree, of course, that we will need that the tests in
>>> override_dh_auto_test run, we are already able to reproduce the problem I am
>>> describing by running autopkgtest on the built package.
>>
>> Here is what I obtain running autopkgtest against the binary packages:
>>
>> autopkgtest [19:41:00]: test providedTests: [-----------------------
>> xargs: javac: No such file or directory
>> autopkgtest [19:41:00]: test providedTests: -----------------------]
>> autopkgtest [19:41:01]: test providedTests:  - - - - - - - - - - results
>> - - - - - - - - - -
>> providedTests        FAIL non-zero exit status 127
>> autopkgtest [19:41:01]: test providedTests:  - - - - - - - - - - stderr
>> - - - - - - - - - -
>> xargs: javac: No such file or directory
>> autopkgtest [19:41:01]: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ summary
>> providedTests        FAIL non-zero exit status 127
>>
>> Is the salsa git repo up to date?
>
> I've managed to run the tests (adding default-jdk the the Depends field
> into debian/tests/control), and reproduced the failures you mentioned.
>
> I can't tell whether it it the library's fault or the test cases' one,
> but most failures are due to the JNI library not being loaded. Adding
>  System.loadLibrary("sis-jhfd5");
> to the init() method of HDF5DataSetRandomAccessFileTest.java fixed them.
>
> It remains 16 unrelated failures (IllegalArgumentException,
> AssertionError, HDF5DatatypeInterfaceException).

Really sorry, I had forgotten to push my last change, which is exactly what
you did (putting default-jdk in the Depends field of the tests). I have just
done it.

Thanks for looking at the issue and proposing a fix. It is very helpful!
I will thus look at it and investigate further the failures that remain.

> Best,
>
> _g.

Best regards,
Pierre