Re: jflex package

Am 26.04.20 um 01:02 schrieb Gilles Filippini:
[...]
> Thanks for these explanations. I'd like to have jflex-maven-plugin
> packaged as well, but it implies building from the full source tarball
> [1] which holds a few other subprojects. Not sure if it's worth the hassle.
>
> [1] https://github.com/jflex-de/jflex/archive/v1.8.1.tar.gz

I'm not sure either. What is the intended use case for
jflex-maven-plugin? I had to package a similar package once,
gradle-jflex-plugin, but then upstream switched to another plugin.
Before I had to package yet another plugin, I decided to make some
modifications to make it compatible but I hope I don't need to touch it
again. So it depends on your goals, sometimes it is quite easy to
implement some sort of flex-plugin yourself. The plugin is often needed
to execute jflex on one or two files, well, of course you could also do
it manually in debian/rules. In any case you could file a wishlist bug
report, so the idea of packaging jflex-maven-plugin won't get lost.

Cheers,

Markus