Re: Ask for help on new pkg xperia-flashtool on classpath

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 2:01 AM Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2020, Roger Shimizu wrote:
>
> > However the pkg still cannot be used due to classpath issue, I guess.
> > After installing xperia-flashtool, and run java command, it report error:
> >
> > ====
> > $ java -jar /usr/share/xperia-flashtool/x10flasher.jar
>
> > I tried to add classpath, such as"-cp /usr/share/java/log4j-core.jar",
>
> This is really tricky. Due to a shortcoming in Java™, you
> cannot use both -cp (to set the classpath) and -jar (to
> run a JAR file).
>
> Rather, you’ll have to set the classpath to the dependencies
> *and* your JAR file, and run the main class with it, so
> something like… best to put it into a shell script to launch:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> java -cp /usr/share/xperia-flashtool/x10flasher.jar:/usr/share/java/log4j-core.jar:$more_dependencies gui.Main "$@"

Thanks for the hint!
Below command already shows different a classpath error, so it's moved forward.

$ java -cp /usr/share/xperia-flashtool/x10flasher.jar:/usr/share/java/log4j-core.jar:/usr/share/java/log4j-api.jar
gui.Main

> The “gui.Main” is the entry point which “java -jar” finds
> automatically; you get it by looking into the JAR file as
> if it were a PKZIP archive, extracting the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> file and looking at the “Main-Class:” entry therein.

Yes, it set up by build.xml of ant.

So my next question is, how to figure out all the classpath, since
this package really depends on a lot of java libraries.

I tried to set up the classpath automatically by patch, which seems failed:
* https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/xperia-flashtool/-/blob/master/debian/patches/02-classpath.patch

Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1