[Help] gradle-plugin-protobuf

Hey,

The package gradle-plugin-protobuf exists in Java-Team and hasn't been updated in the past few years [1].

While parsing through dependencies for bundletools. Yesterday, on reviewing through the same I found a problem which is creating the conflict. The problem is that the upstream source package is moved from ws.antonov.gradle.plugins:gradle-plugin-protobuf:0.9.1 [2]
to com.google.protobuf:protobuf-gradle-plugin:0.8.8 [3].

Therefore it is utter importance to update/switch to the latest upstream available. I'm ready to help with the update until unless someone is doing it, already.

Also, a quick question, what will be the most feasible manner for the update? To archive the existing obsolete package and packaging the new upstream source (as we have a new tag versioning) or just update on the top of the existing repository (I don't know how feasible it would be).

Thanks and regards
Samyak Jain
(samyak-jn[m])

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gradle-plugin-protobuf