Re: Looking for advice about json-simple 3 transition

Hello,

On 2020-05-14 10:07, Gilles Filippini wrote:
> I won't maintain 2 source packages. The deprecated one (version 2.x)
> should be dropped. The 'Conflicts' field is needed during the transition
> only. The new package would have:
> * 'json-simple' as source package name (unchanged)
> * 'libjson-simple3-java' as binary java package name, conflicting with
> previous one 'libjson-simple-java'
> * 'libjson-simple-doc' as documentation package name (unchanged).

Got it. I assume you need a different binary package name just for the
transition.

However, this seems avoidable as well. The following Ben tracker seems
sufficient for me:

Affected: .depends ~ /\blibjson-simple-java\b/
Good: .depends ~ /\blibjson-simple-java\b/ >= "3.0"

This way all reverse dependencies will be listed as affected, but only
the ones that explicitly say that they depend on json-simple-java >= 3.0
will be treated as already migrated ones.

Hope this helps,
Andrius