Re: Upgrading freehep to latest upstream (needed by cdk and probably others)

Hi Andreas,

On 2020-04-15 15:53, Andreas Tille wrote:
> This made me wonder about the status of the freehep-* packages that did
> not had a new upload since the move from Alioth.  It seems the new version
> of freehep can be found at
>
>     https://github.com/freehep
>
> and the structure of the classes has changed a bit (like
> freehep-graphicsio is now freehep-vectorgraphics).  I wonder whether
> we should follow upstream freehep to support recent software.

Some time ago I had attempted packaging new freehep-vectorgraphics, with
considerable success. However, I dropped the ball and did not upload it.
I have pushed my packaging to salsa [1].

There is one issue, though. Old freehep-* JARs are split into multitude
of source and binary packages, while my packaging uses single source
package (I find it more convenient than splitting and linking) and
currently puts all the JARs in one binary package. One of the following
options has to be chosen:

1. Have only one binary package. This would have to replace all old
binary packages with Conflicts+Replaces.

2. Split JARs to resemble old binary packages. AFAIK, this would require
epoch (1:) for the new binary packages, as they would come from
different source package.

I would probably go with the option 2.

Best,
Andrius