Re: uscan: git repo without releases/tags

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> 1. You can clone the repository on GitHub, tag the clone and temporarily
> set debian/watch to download from the clone just for running uscan and

This is something I used, but it’s annoting in the longer term,
especially if upstream is going to release later.

For performous (which is a multi-repo program with multiple
upstream tarballs, hence the existence of two entries) I used
this instead, which just checks out git master:

version=4
opts="pretty=1.1+git%cd.%h, mode=git" \
 https://github.com/performous/performous.git \
 heads/master debian
opts="pretty=1.1+git%cd.%h, mode=git, component=ced" \
 https://github.com/performous/compact_enc_det.git \
 heads/master same

gl hf,
//mirabilos
--
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends