Re: Build Zxing-Core

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 04:22:53PM +0200, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:
> Hello Emmanuel
>
> Am 19.10.19 um 15:10 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> > Le 19/10/2019 à 13:16, Mechtilde Stehmann a écrit :
> >
> >> Can someone give me hint how I can solve it.
> >
> > Look at the substitution rules in debian/maven.rules, one of them is
> > malformed.
>
> Thanks for the hint. I set s/.*/3.5.1/ instead of s/*/3.5.1/
>
> Now I get the message:
> [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
> [FATAL] 'groupId' is missing. @ line 17, column 202
>  @
> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were
> encountered while processing the POMs:
> [FATAL] 'groupId' is missing. @ line 17, column 202
>
> In the pom.xml at line 17 I found the doctype declaration. column 202 is
> the position after the last ">"
>
> Does it want to read the groupID from the parent section which I mark as
> comments.
>
> If I doesn't it it ask for the dependency  zxing-parent which isn't in
> Debian too.

Hi,

I haven't looked at zxing directly, and so your mileage may vary, but, I
think disabling the parent pom is the right approach.  If the pom you
are trying to build is dependent upon it, you should be able to patch it
to declare the groupId (and any other missing attributes).

Feel free to push a branch or repo to Salsa so others can take a look.
There is so much variation in upstreams; the exact steps required depend
on the details of how the library is packaged in the first place.

This is a good example of how packaging Java libraries can become
tedious... :)

Cheers,
tony