Re: Packaging from Maven repo

Mechtilde Stehmann <mechtilde@debian.org> writes:

> Hello,

hello Mechthilde,

I am answering because it seems like none of the experts answers.

> I try to package xmlunit-core which I need as a dependency.
>
> I get it from
> https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/xmlunit/xmlunit-core/2.6.3/xmlunit-core-2.6.3-sources.jar

I think you should package from the source repository:
  https://github.com/xmlunit/xmlunit

(https://github.com/xmlunit/xmlunit/releases)

because it contains a complete build system (should be easier).

I couldn't immediately make it work with mh_make either. There are many
maven modules involved.

> the pom.xml isn't in the root directory. It is in
> META-INF/maven/org.xmlunit/xmlunit-core/
>
> I used mh_make in that directory. When I used mh_make in the root
> directory mh_make couldn't find the POM file.
>
> Then I copied the directory
> META-INF/maven/org.xmlunit/xmlunit-core/debian/* to debian/* and changed
> the entry into debian/<package name>.poms into the whole path.
>
> when I run gbp-buildpackage I get the message: can't find
> debian/<packagename.poms
>
> There must be something wrong when I copied it. But what is wrong?

When using the github release, pom.xml already is on toplevel, so you
won't have this problem.

Which package needs xmlunit-core? Are you sure it isn't a test
dependency that can be ignored?

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter