Re: any updates to kotlin ?

shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> writes:
> Dear all,

hello Debian-java,

> I had read Saif blog posts and it seems some of the parts are stuck in
> the NEW queue. Does anybody have any idea or have people prodded the
> ftp-masters to see what is holding up the introduction to the archive
> ?
>
> Looking forward to seeing kotlin in Debian. I know it's one of things
> that is needed for the new version of gradle to come through in
> Debian.

I have a similar question: The gradle OSGi plugin is deprecated [1]
and will be removed in a future gradle version (6.0?).

That's why freeplane upstream wants to migrate to the bnd gradle plugin.
This, however, seems to require gradle 5 (from [2]):

"The biz.aQute.bnd.gradle jar contains the Bnd Gradle Plugins. These
plugins requires at least Gradle 4.0 for Java 8, at least Gradle 4.2.1
for Java 9, at least Gradle 4.7 for Java 10, and at least Gradle 5.0 for
Java 11."

-> I think my three options are:

- make the upstream change on a separate branch, and kindly ask upstream
  not to merge it until Debian has gradle 5 (probably not going to
  happen) or

- use a huge patch undoing all the gradle-osgi->bnd-plugin changes or

- hope that the gradle bnd plugin works to some extent on gradle 4.4.1
  with java11

-> the final question is: Is there an estimate for when gradle >= 5 will
   be available?

[1] https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/osgi_plugin.html
[2] https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/blob/master/biz.aQute.bnd.gradle/README.md

Many Thanks and Best Regards,