Re: maven-debian-helper and dh's --builddirectory option

Hi Lucas,

Le 13/09/2019 à 20:09, Lucas Kanashiro a écrit :

> I've recently started to package some java libraries (old versions for a
> specific project, not suitable for the Debian archive) and I am facing
> an issue when I am building a Maven based project using the dh's
> --builddirectory option. When dh_auto_install is executed it calls
> mh_resolve_dependencies inside the build directory, but it stops and
> waits for user interaction (asking upstream version and so on), even if
> it is called with --non-interactive option:

maven-debian-helper doesn't support --builddirectory. I've reported this
issue for maven-repo-helper (see #884088) but maven-debian-helper is
also affected.

> I also didn't find an example of a Java package which makes use of
> --builddirectory option.

You can get a look at the jaxrs-api package (or other similar JavaEE
packages), it also has it's main pom.xml in a subdirectory. debian/rules
looks like this:

  #!/usr/bin/make -f

  %:
  	dh $@ --buildsystem=maven

  override_dh_auto_build:
  	dh_auto_build -- -f jaxrs-api/pom.xml package

  override_dh_auto_test:
  	dh_auto_test -- -f jaxrs-api/pom.xml test

  override_dh_auto_install:
  	dh_auto_install -- -f jaxrs-api/pom.xml

  override_dh_auto_clean:
  	dh_auto_clean -- -f jaxrs-api/pom.xml clean

Emmanuel Bourg