Re: Try to update jsoup

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 02:08:54PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:

> Am 15.09.19 um 08:19 schrieb Mechtilde:
> > Good morning Markus,
> >
> > a supplementary question
> >
> > Can I split the patch into single patches for each file?
>
> It is up to you and how you would like to maintain the package. I
> usually say "one patch for one problem" but some people like to make one
> big patch that includes every Debian change. Whatever makes it easier to
> maintain the package, I guess?

+1 for the "one patch for each problem" approach when it is feasible.
Occasionally this approach gets complicated during upstream version
updates because there are multiple patches against the same build system
or source files.  When that happens, I try to to refactor the patches
with the new version update.  But otherwise, I think it's better to keep
patches separated.

Cheers,
tony