Re: Will openjdk-8 go into buster?

On 2019-08-28 at 11:56, t.glaser@tarent.de wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Aug 2019, Fredrik Jonson wrote:
>
> > In the beginning of the summer there were discussions of backporting
> > openjdk-8 to buster/stable once the release dust had settled.
>
> That would mean shipping bullseye with OpenJDK 8 as well,
> which is kinda defeated by the justification to not ship
> it with buster.

I was under the impression that a RC-bug for bullseye on the package,
would inhibit automatic transition from testing to bullseye.

Anyway, I just noticed that adoptopenjdk has begun offering their openjdk 8
builds as debian packages in a package repository of their own. Which is
great, and completely meets my nice-to-have request without wasting the
precious time of the Debian Java Team.

So this followup is mostly a hint to others who might find this thread
in search of openjdk-8 packages for buster. Repo usage instructions are here:

https://adoptopenjdk.net/installation.html#linux-pkg

And, while I'm posting, a big thank you to everyone involved in Debian,
you're awesome! :)

--
Fredrik Jonson