Re: guava - updateable?

Le 30/08/2019 à 05:31, tony mancill a écrit :

> I use Guava often at my job, and in my experience guava updates are
> safe.  The updates don't cause regressions and only rarely include
> breaking API changes (which are trivial to port).

Actually, Guava updates are quite the anti-thesis of the safe upgrades.
Guava used to aggressively deprecate and remove features, and it broke
many packages in the past. The package is full of patches restoring
removed classes and methods. I spent so much time on these issues that I
basically stopped updating the package in Buster.

So to anyone planning to update it, please read the upstream changelog
carefully as it details all the breaking changes, evaluate if it impacts
the Debian package and be ready to restore the remove code or fix the
reverse dependencies.

Emmanuel Bourg