Re: guava - updateable?

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 03:30:53PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need an update for the guava libraries from
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/guava-libraries/blob/master/debian/changelog
>
> and don't really use them, yet. Is there anybody volunteering to update
> those libraries? Can I otherwise update them without risking anything?

Hello Steffen,

I use Guava often at my job, and in my experience guava updates are
safe.  The updates don't cause regressions and only rarely include
breaking API changes (which are trivial to port).

I'd glad to help with the update and/or with any breakage of reverse
dependencies.  It might take me a bit of time to get to it, so feel free
to go ahead with your update as soon as you're ready.

Cheers,
tony