Re: Mystery meat OpenJDK builds strike again

Seriously?

You see factual reporting (directly documented and dated in the original posting) of the actual version numbers being used by official docker images, along with irrefutable proof that the packages used in those were built weeks before the respective OpenJDK 8u and 11u releases were complete, as “fake news”?

You think that alerting millions of unsuspecting people using exposed, insecure builds that falsely report their OpenJDK version (as one that includes e.g. critical security fixes) to the fact as “marketing”?

And you consider pleas to use responsibly built and tested OpenJDK builds, with no mention of any vendor name at all, “trolling”?

This (the specific things documented at the start of this thread) was absolutely Mystery Meat masquerading as an actual release OpenJDK.  Facts are facts.

Blaming the messager and trying to attribute commercial motives to the calling out of inconvenient truths is a way of dealing with reality.

Sent from Gil's iPhone