Re: Fw: A java library proposal for debian

(Reposting the reply on the mailing list)

Hi Michael,

Libraries in Debian are packaged only because they are needed to build
and run other applications distributed by Debian. We usually remove
libraries that are not used anymore to reduce the maintenance burden.
Packaging MgntUtils alone wouldn't make much sense then.

Regards,

Emmanuel Bourg