De : Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org>
Envoyé : mercredi 10 avril 2019 09:02
À : Thomas L; debian-java@lists.debian.org
Objet : Re: openjdk-8 removed from Buster?

Hi Thomas,

Our policy is to support only one version of OpenJDK per Debian release.
We don't have the resources to maintain more than one version during the
whole lifetime of a release. Buster will be supported until 2024 and Red
Hat has vowed to maintain OpenJDK 8 until 2023. That would leave OpenJDK
8 in Buster without security fixes for one year.

If you aren't ready to migrate to OpenJDK 11 yet I suggest sticking with
Stretch for the next 3 years. Alternatively, we may provide OpenJDK 8
for Buster in the backports repository, but we can't guarantee it'll be
actively maintained.

Emmanuel Bourg