Re: icedtea-web FTBFS with OpenJDK 11

Am 13.03.19 um 17:47 schrieb Matthias Klose:
> On 13.03.19 10:54, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:41:22AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>> Michael Crusoe has suggested a workaround[1].  What do you think about
>>> this?
>>
>> In case there is no answer to this question I assume it is OK to
>> upload the workaround.  Hope you agree with this.
>
> please look at the new upstream 1.7.2 and 1.8 releases.

In https://bugs.debian.org/855686 Emmanuel wrote that icedtea-web will
be removed. I don't have a strong opinion in this case. If Michael's
workaround works, why not. However I think it is too late now for new
upstream releases as doko seems to imply.

Please note there are several other RC issues that are marked as pending
but I believe the "fix" is to remove the package from Debian.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=icedtea-web

Markus