Re: jruby FTBFS with openjdk-9

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 03:05:48PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:

> [...]
>
> The FTBFS bug got fixed yesterday. I should complain more often. Andrej
> uploaded version 9.1.17 to unstable. This is not the latest one but I
> guess better than nothing? The original bug has not been closed yet.
> Andrej, can we close it now and Debian bug #917702 too?

Thanks a lot to Andrej for putting together a new upstream version
upload at such short notice!!

Now I think with that should be enough to fulfill the reverse
build-depends to avoid having to drop packages from the upcoming
release but I reiterate that jruby in its current state in Debian
is only usable for very simple use cases. The output from many tests
during build time is evidence of this.

Any user expecting to run production workloads with Debian's jruby
will be disappointed and they will require to use upstream artifacts,
unfortunately.

Thanks again for fixing the outstanding RC bugs on this package!!

Miguel Landaeta, nomadium at debian.org
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at http://miguel.cc/key.