Re: Buster soft freeze question

Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,

hello Markus,
hello Tony,

> Am 30.01.19 um 20:55 schrieb Felix Natter:
>> hi Debian-java,
>>
>> I would like to get freeplane-1.7.5-1 into buster, because it contains
>> important fixes. Unfortunately, upstream is still fixing regressions.
>>
>> For stretch, a soft freeze is described as:
>> "no new packages, no re-entry, normal migrations" [1]
>>
>> I think that means that I can get freeplane-1.7.5-1 into buster until
>> beginning of March (by full freeze)?
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianStretch
>>
>> Many Thanks and Best Regards,
>
> The important part for our soft freeze is:

Many thanks for the explanation!

I was lucky, freeplane-1.7.5 was just released, and I prepared the
update:

freeplane (1.7.5-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  * New upstream release
  * Add new dependency ivy
  * Declare conformance with standards version 4.3.0 (no changes)
  * Update man page

 -- Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net>  Sun, 03 Feb 2019 15:47:47 +0100

This is the repo:
  https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/freeplane

There is one thing worth noting: The 1.7.2 uploads's .orig tarball
contains class files, because the upstream build system did not take
into account that the lead developer now uses the IntelliJ IDE, which
puts classes into <project>/out/**.class. This is fixed now, so
1.7.5[-1] will not contain class files in the orig tarball.

@Tony: Would you consider sponsoring freeplane-1.7.5-1?

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter